The Best Skincare Ingredients for Healthy Skin
The best skincare ingredients to include in your routine are generally the ones that will address your specific skin concerns. We all have unique skincare needs and challenges, after all. However, there are a few skincare ingredients that are found to be beneficial for all skin types. Below is a list of some of the most popular ingredients used in skincare products today;
- Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that helps to draw moisture to the skin, leaving it feeling plump and hydrated. Our Bakuchiol Serum contains skin-moisturizing hyaluronic acid, glycerin and other naturally-derived ingredients that work all day to smooth and moisturize.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) is an AHA (alpha-hydroxy acid) and antioxidant that helps to protect the skin from free radical damage, which can lead to premature aging. If you’re looking for a natural, gentle Vitamin C face cream, try our Age Defying Face Cream.
- Niacinamide (a form of Vitamin B3) is a multi-tasking ingredient that can help to improve the appearance of dark spots, uneven skin tone, and enlarged pores.
- Retinol, a synthetic derivative of Vitamin A, is a retinoid that can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots. It can, however, be irritating to sensitive skin.
- Bakuchiol is a Retinol alternative that is gentler, but can also help stimulate collagen production. Our latest addition is the WEBA Naturals Bakuchiol Serum with Collagen Peptides
- Ceramides are lipids that help to strengthen the skin’s barrier, which can help to protect the skin from environmental damage. Ceramides can be obtained from plant and animal sources.
- Sunscreen is essential for protecting the skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays, which can cause premature aging, wrinkles, and skin cancer. The higher the SPF (sun protection factor), the more it protects against the sun’s damaging UVA and UVB rays. It should even be worn on cloudy days. There are two major types – chemical and physical sunscreens. We advocate for the use of physical or barrier sunscreens, as side effects of chemical sunscreens have not been thoroughly studied.
It is important to choose products that contain ingredients that are appropriate for your skin type and that address your concerns. You should also start with one or two skincare products and gradually add new products to see how your skin reacts. If you have any concerns about your skin, you should consult with a dermatologist.
Here are some additional tips for creating a skincare routine that works for you:
- Cleanse your face twice a day. This will remove dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin, leaving it clean and refreshed.
- Moisturize your face every day. This will help to keep your skin hydrated and prevent it from drying out.
- Use sunscreen every day, even on cloudy days. This will protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. Too much sun can causes intra-cellular breakdown and other damage that will age your skin prematurely.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly. This will help to remove dead skin cells and reveal the fresh, new skin underneath.
- Avoid harsh soaps and detergents. These can strip your skin of its natural oils and make it dry and irritated.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is essential for healthy skin.
- Eat a healthy diet. A healthy diet can help to improve the overall health of your skin.
- Manage stress. Stress can contribute to or worsen skin problems like as acne, rosacea and eczema.
We all want beautiful, healthy skin. By following these tips and consulting a professional when necessary, it’s possible to create a skincare routine that will help you achieve your goals.