WHAT IS A DRY OIL?
“Dry Oil” has been used to describe products that have a silky finish and are quick-absorbing without too greasy a feel. The great thing about dry oils is that they are mutitaskers; they can be used on skin, yes, but they are also effective as hair “finishing” products. They help to seal the cuticle and impart a soft sheen to all hair types.
Many beauty companies use the ingredient dimethicone (polydimethyl siloxane) to impart a soft silkiness to their oils. This is known in the trade as “slip.” It is merely done for aesthetic reasons; dimethicone does not impart any benefits to the skin or hair on its own. It sits on top and provides a smoothing layer that makes application easier. However, this may cause product buildup or clogged pores. Over time, some people might experience more dryness when using products with this ingredient.
Our products do not contain dimethicone, which is a synthetic polymer. The benefits of using pure, unadulterated plant oils and extracts on the skin and hair cannot be overstated. And because our dry oil is a multi-tasker, you save time as well as money.
WHAT MAKES OUR DRY OIL DIFFERENT?
- Calendula extract – applied to the scalp, it helps to soothe inflammation and increase circulation. It is also good for promoting healing in skin nd hair.
- Liquid Shea – a unique oil that is non-comedogenic, made from solid shea butter and containing all of its beneficial vitamins and lips. It can help to maintain skin elasticity and prevent hair breakage.
- Apricot kernel oil – light and deeply penetrating. It is great for massaging into skin and scalp, is antiseptic and high in antioxidants.
- Free of dyes and synthetics – these can irritate sensitive skin. 100% natural.
- No perfumes – includes essential oils of Lavender and Bergamot, which are antiseptic and rejuvenating.
HERE IS WHAT CUSTOMERS HAVE SAID ABOUT OUR DRY OIL:
WHAT ARE THE MANY USES FOR WEBA NATURAL PRODUCTS' DRY OIL?
- After-shower moisturizer.
- Additive for shampoos and conditioners to enhance conditioning.
- Scalp oil – massage into scalp to help prevent/heal dandruff and dry, itchy scalp.
- Massage oil.
- Lightweight face oil; pat a little on your face at night or after using serum.
- Blow-dry oil – add a dime-size amount onto hair before blow drying.
- Hair treatment oil – warm gently and distribute throughout hair. Leave on for about 10 minutes, then wash it out.
- Hair finishing oil – use after blow drying.
- Cuticle oil – warm gently and and dip hands into oil, or apply a little and rub in before bed.
- Hair perfume – use instead of perfume for a gentle scent. Apply small amount all over hair.
- Split end treatment – apply to ends of hair and leave in to help heal. Use a silk cap at night to protect hair strands while sleeping.